TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following site, hosted at the following address: www.immijob.com is owned and operated by Immetis Legal Services inc., corporation registered with the “Registre des Entreprises du Québec” under number 1172177777, whose head office is located at 103-2727 Saint-Patrick Street, Montreal, Quebec H3K0A8, CANADA.
Immetis Legal Services inc. Immetis provides legal services and operates the above-mentioned site under the name “Immijob” or “Immijob Platform”.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Immetis Legal Services inc. (herinafter “Immetis”) makes the present Terms and Conditions available to its users in order to inform them about the Immijob platform ( hereinafter “Immijob”) operated by Immetis.
The following Terms and Conditions apply more specifically to the website hosted at the following address: www.immijob.com, (hereinafter referred to as the “website” or the “Immijob platform”) and outline the conditions of use of the said site.
This site is accessible by two types of users:
- Companies and other recruiters looking for candidates (hereinafter referred to as “recruiters”) ;
- Individuals seeking employment (hereinafter referred to as “candidates”).
These Terms and Conditions apply to both users.
1. Terms and Conditions Acceptance
The services provided by Immetis, through the Immijob platform, to its users are subject to the Terms and Conditions described below. As soon as the user uses the website, he or she accepts these Terms and Conditions without reservation.
Immetis reserves the right to modify and update the Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Immetis recommends that users consult these Terms and Conditions regularly to be aware of any changes.
The www.immijob.com website is made available to users for the purpose of sending and receiving information, solely in connection with job offers. The website allows candidates to consult job offers, post their resumes on the platform to make themselves visible to recruiters and apply for jobs that interest them.
The platform also allows recruiters to consult job offers, to post, if they wish, job vacancies as well as content related to their company, and to access the (online) “Curriculum Vitae” of candidates looking for a job.
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate by reference other provisions applicable to the use of the Website, including, among others, the additional terms and conditions provided for in this agreement governing the use of certain elements contained on the Website, as well as the conditions that apply to their use by the users.
By using the website (other than by reading these Terms and Conditions for the first time), the user agrees to comply with all the conditions expressed. The right to use the website is personal to the user and is not transferable to any other person or entity.
- The user is responsible for his user name and password, as well as for protecting the confidentiality of these elements.
- Immetis cannot guarantee that the information provided on the website is exclusive to Immetis. The company cannot be held responsible for the disclosure of this information by third parties.
2. Amendments to the conditions
Immetis reserves the right to modify and/or update these Terms and Conditions that apply to the use of the website, without prior notice to the user. Such changes, additions or removals will take effect at the time of publication.
Any use of the website by the user after the release of the changes constitutes acceptance of the changes.
3. Description of the services offered to candidates
The Immijob platform, operated by Immetis, aims to connect French-speaking European candidates seeking employment in Canada with Canadian recruiters looking for candidates for the jobs they offer.
For this purpose, users (candidates) have at their disposal a platform hosted at www.immijob.com, which is also accessible to recruiters, allowing candidates to consult the job offers available on the site and, if they wish, to apply for them, using their online CV.
4. Description of the services offered to recruiters
The Immijob platform, operated by Immétis, aims to connect Canadian recruiters looking for candidates for the jobs they offer, with French-speaking European candidates seeking employment in Canada.
For this purpose, users (recruiters) have at their disposal a platform hosted at www.immijob.com, which offers the following services:
- Browse job offers available on the site, including those they published ;
- The request for the posting of a job offer, as well as the possibility of subscribing to “Immigration Support Plans” *, offered and invoiced by Immetis. These packages include immigration legal counsel.
- Access to a ” Database of resumes “, reserved for recruiters. This database consists exclusively of online CVs, posted by candidates seeking employment in Canada, who have given their approval to have their CV included in this database.
* The “Immigration Support Plans” are proposed by Immetis, via the Immijob platform, to any recruiter publishing job offers on Immijob. They are subject to the General Sales Conditions accessible via this link.
5. User behaviour
The user shall use the website only for legal purposes. This means that the user shall not post or transmit through the website any:
- Which violates the rights of third parties, including the right to privacy;
- Is abusive, threatening, defamatory, libellous, discriminatory, vulgar, obscene, profane or injurious to others;
- Which encourages behavior that could be considered criminal or unlawful;
- Contains any advertising or solicitation of any kind in connection with the services offered by the recruiter;
No behavior of a user that, according to Immetis, prevents or limits another user in the use of the Immijob platform will be tolerated. Immetis reserves the right to delete the account of any user whose behavior does not comply with the terms stated above.
Users should not use the Immijob platform for advertising purposes, in particular to commercially solicit recruiters to register for services competing with those of the Immijob platform.
A moderation will be carried out by the administrators of Immijob before any user publishes content on the platform. Immetis reserves the right not to publish the content submitted by the user. If the content is not approved upon moderation, the user will be notified by email to the address used to create his account.
Users are not allowed to download material from the site and use it for personal purposes. No copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of the elements will be authorized without the express authorization of Immétis and the owners of the copyrights.
6. User commitments
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, users agree to:
- Not to use the services available on the Immijob platform for direct marketing purposes: e-mailing, “spamming”, “phishing” or any other sending of advertising messages for commercial purposes
- Do not insult, harass, defame, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, such as the right to privacy;
- Not to publish on the platform any inappropriate, defamatory, obscene, indecent or illegal content, documents or information;
- Not to publish on the platform files containing photos, images, videos or other elements protected by intellectual property laws, unless the user owns or controls the rights to these files;
- Do not publish damaged, corrupted files or any other file containing viruses that may affect the proper functioning of the platform;
- Do not use robots or similar software that may damage the platform, hardware or any other property of others;
- Do not deliberately publish false, incomplete or falsified information or statements;
- Do not restrict any other user in their use of the platform;
- Do not collect or gather information about other users, including email addresses, for contact purposes ;
- Do not mislead users, including by creating an account with a false identity or the identity of others;
- Not to copy, download or provide to a third person or entity (free of charge or against payment) any information on the services offered on the Immijob platform or on the other users;
- Do not use the content, photos, documents or any other element made available on the platform in any way that infringes copyright, trademark, or any other element protected by a patent or copyright.
The administrators of Immijob will systematically moderate all the contents submitted by the users on the Immijob platform before their publication. Nevertheless, Immetis has no legal obligation to exercise this moderation. The user therefore remains solely and uniquely responsible for his or her behavior on the platform, for the conformity of the elements he or she publishes, and acknowledges by accepting the present Terms and Conditions that he or she releases Immetis (its employees and representatives) from all responsibility for any disputes that may arise between users.
Immetis reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to provide the authorities at any time with any information deemed relevant to compliance with the law.
7. Intellectual Property
All site content, software, text and images are the property of Immetis or its partners who have granted it a license. The corporate names, trademarks and distinctive signs of d’Immetis and its partners reproduced on the site are protected by the Intellectual Property Code.
Brand names and other platform information, such as text, images, photos, software, and any other type of content hosted on the Website are protected by copyright as a collective work in accordance with the Copyright Code of Canada.
Immetis owns a copyright on the selection, coordination, optimization, arrangement and improvement of the content as well as the original content. Users shall not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the contents of the Site, in whole or in part.
8. Content provided to Immetis via the Immijob platform
Likewise, it automatically grants the non-exclusive right to Immetis, for the sole use of the Immijob platform, to use, reproduce, modify, translate and distribute the elements and information published on the website (in part or in whole) throughout the world. If the user is not the author of the elements and information in question, he or she guarantees that the author has expressly granted the same rights.
The user grants the right to Immetis, via the Immijob platform, to revise, copy, publish and distribute any element made available on the Immijob platform by the user. As provided in these Terms and Conditions, no compensation will be paid for the use of these items.
9. Use of Services
The user undertakes to use the services offered on the Immijob platform only to display and receive information that is relevant to job offers or applications.
Immetis will moderate any content prior to its publication on the Immijob platform; however, Immétis is not required by law to control the content nor the information submitted by the users of the platform. Users are solely responsible for the content submitted and acknowledge the risks involved in accepting these Terms and Conditions.
Due to the continuous changes in the platform’s contents (job offers and CVs of candidates), updates can be made at any time. Immetis cannot be held responsible for the research choices made by users, the results obtained and the resulting decisions.
10. Use of robots
Any user using a software (“robot crawler”) that allows them to browse the pages of the Immijob platform and to search for content with the aim of illegally downloading it is exposed to serious lawsuits.
The use of such software is strictly prohibited.
11. Account creation and access to services
The website www.immijob.com can be browsed freely, without the need to create a user account.
To access the services of the Immijob platform, and more precisely the services offered on www.immijob.com, namely posting a resume online, the possibility to apply for a job and the purchase of “Immigration Support Plans”, the user will necessarily have to create an account.
To do so, the user will have to follow the account creation process, as described below:
- Declare whether he or she wishes to create an candidate or employer account
- Fill in an email address, which will be the one used by Immetis to contact him or her
- Fill in his or her first and last name
- Fill in the password and username of his or her choice
- When clicking on the “Register Your Account” button, the user will receive an automatic email to the address provided containing a link to validate his or her account creation
- The user will then have to confirm the creation of his or her account by clicking on this link
It also agrees to receive communications from Immetis related to other themes, such as:
- Canadian Immigration News ;
- Special offers on “Immigration Support Plans” (for users with a recruiter account);
- Any other content deemed relevant by Immetis.
The user will be free to opt-out of receiving these communications at any time.
The candidate user also accepts that his/her online resume and email address be made visible to recruiters for a period of 90 days from the date of publication of the resume. The objective being to be able to be contacted directly by a recruiter who is looking for a candidate and who believes that this candidate corresponds to the profile he or she is looking for.
The resume will be visible in a database of resumes, in restricted version. The following will be hidden:
- Candidate’s last name ;
- Candidate’s date of birth ;
- Candidate’s email address ;
- Candidate’s nationality ;
The email address will only be disclosed to recruiters who express an interest in the candidate.
At the end of the 90 days period, the user will be contacted by the administrators of Immijob and will have to declare whether or not he or she wants his or her resume to be visible for another 90 days period. If candidates do not declare their choice, or if they declare that they want their resume to be deleted, the Immijob administrators will proceed to the deactivation of their account within 15 days following the sending of the communication.
The user is solely and uniquely responsible for the content published via his/her account, and cannot hold Immetis responsible for any loss of data following the use of his/her account or password by a third party, whether the user has given his/her authorization or not. On the other hand, the user may be held responsible for any loss incurred by Immetis as a result of the use of his or her account or password by a third party.
The employer user will be able to access the database of resumes if he or she meets the following conditions:
- He or she has a valid account on the Immijob platform ;
- He or she has posted at least one job offer on the platform (i.e. an offer that is moderated and accepted by the platform’s administrators)
12. History of applications
13. Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Immetis' Liability
By accepting the present Terms and Conditions, the user expressly acknowledges that the use of the Immijob platform is at his own risk.
Immetis, its employees and representatives in no way guarantee that the Immijob platform will run permanently and continuously, and without errors. Immetis in no way guarantees that the results and information that may be obtained as a result of the use of the Immijob platform will be accurate.
The Immijob platform is made freely available to the users without any guarantee of any kind, explicit or implicit. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, the user expressly acknowledges that Immetis is in no way responsible for the behavior of other users.
The present waiver also applies to any damage caused to the user by the use of the Immijob platform.
Liability Limitation: Immetis’ total liability to the user shall not exceed the sum of one hundred Canadian dollars ($100) for any claim relating to the use of the content.
14. External links
The Immijob platform may contain links to other sites.
When the user clicks on one of these links, he or she enters another site for which Immetis is not responsible. Immetis recommends that the user read the Privacy Policies of all such sites as they may differ from Immetis’.
The user agrees to compensate Immetis, its directors, employees and representatives against any lawsuit, claim or loss, including reasonable professional fees, caused by the user as a result of the use of the site contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
In case of violation of the prohibition against using robots (expressed in section 5 of this document), Immetis may claim damages in the amount of 20 Canadian dollars ($20) per resume to which the user of the robot has had access.
16. Contact details
Immijob, property of Immetis Legal Services Inc.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: +1 (514) 446-1940
- By mail: 103-2727, St-Patrick Street, Montreal, Quebec, H3K 0A8, CANADA
17. Miscellaneous provisions
Immetis reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. The modifications will be published with a warning as to their coming into force.
This contract constitutes the entire contract between the parties. It will be interpreted in accordance with the national law of the place of principal office of Immetis Legal Services Inc. Any dispute relating to the interpretation or execution of this contract will be submitted to the courts of this national law.
This version of the Terms and Conditions is effective as of May 28, 2020.